Full-Time ▪ Wealth Management Services ▪ Nashville, TN
The Portfolio Manager has dual and integrated responsibilities within Truxton Wealth Management Services (WMS): constructing and modifying the Truxton Trust investment program and delivering thorough and thoughtful client specific investment management. As a member of Truxton’s Investment Committee, the Portfolio Manager will evaluate the risk and return potential of firm investment strategies, contributing knowledge to inform the group’s decisions. Each Truxton client has a dedicated Portfolio Manager, who will write investment policies appropriate for each client’s goals and circumstances and develop a plan to implement those policies in the client’s best interest. Truxton Portfolio Managers are integral to the client relationship and the growth of our business. Therefore, we are looking for a self-motivated person with a passion for investments and empathy for client goals and concerns.
Who We Are
Truxton Trust Company is a provider of private banking, wealth management, trust, capital markets, and family office services for wealthy individuals, their families and their business interests. Serving clients across the world, Truxton’s vastly experienced team of professionals provides customized solutions to its clients’ complex financial needs. Founded in 2004 in Nashville, Tennessee, Truxton Trust upholds its original guiding principle: do the right thing. Truxton Trust Company is a subsidiary of financial holding company, Truxton Corporation (OTCPK: TRUX). For more information, visit truxtontrust.com.
Our mission: To do the right thing every day, putting our clients’ interests first, with distinctive, comprehensive financial solutions that protect and promote client prosperity and quality of life.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing the WMS investment team with insights and recommendations on its strategic and tactical asset allocation decisions given current market and economic conditions
- Delivering analytical support and enhancing internal processes for WMS’s two principal equity strategies, including portfolio construction, idea generation, screening, qualitative analysis and buy/sell decisions
- Evaluating various domestic and international equity asset classes and sectors to identify investment risks and opportunities
- Maintaining strong knowledge and command of current and anticipated capital market conditions and how it relates to WMS portfolio positioning
- Providing broad analytical support for the WMS investment platform on third party investment products including Separately Managed Accounts, ETF’s, Mutual Funds, and alternative asset managers
- Partnering with Wealth Advisors to develop and deliver comprehensive strategic financial advice to WMS prospects and clients by using quantitative skills to review current investment holdings, budgets, alternative assets, tax situation, estate plans, liquidity needs, insurance coverage, etc.
- Providing world-class service to clients and prospects through effective articulation and communication of investment concepts, strategies, recommendations, and results
- Analyzing the portfolios of clients and prospects using custodial statements and various software systems
- Implementing and maintaining client portfolios ensuring consistency with investment policy, WMS asset allocation guidelines, appropriate risk controls and desired tax efficiency
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining investment related content such as client proposals and reviews, market and economic updates, and topical investment commentaries
- Serving as advocates for Truxton WMS by seeking new client relationships and deepening existing client relationships
What We Are Looking For:
Attributes and Abilities
- You have a strong foundational command of the investment and comprehensive wealth management industry, practices and issues
- You possess a firm understanding of trust administration, tax and investment management
- You are able and eager to understand client's financial situations and personal circumstances
- You are able to deliver distinctive and thoughtful client service and expertise in a manner that secures client confidence
- You embrace our culture of entrepreneurship and teamwork
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of relevant wealth and investment management experience
- Proficient in robust analytical systems such as FactSet and Bloomberg
Education and Designations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred
- Advanced Degree JD or MBA preferred
- CFA Charter Holder designation preferred
Why You Should Work Here
- Truxton is a highly profitable and growing company that has been recognized by American Banker as the 19th best community bank (and top-ranking TN bank) based on 3-year Return on Average Equity.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and gain exposure to a wide range of sophisticated work across private banking, wealth management, asset-liability management, treasury management, deposit operations, and capital markets.
- Because we are a smaller company, you will have the opportunity to chart your own course and contribute to initiatives that go beyond your job title.
- Truxton supports and encourages a culture of learning, both through internal development and pursuit of professional designations.
If working for Truxton appeals to you but you don’t think you are a match for this role, we still encourage you to send a resume and cover letter explaining how you might contribute to our team.
What We Offer
- 401k + company match
- Medical, life, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid federal holidays
- Paid vacation Time
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance